Anyone know anything about HPV?

I got a call from the clinic saying that I had some abnormal cells meaning possible HPV. And I have been with the same man for almost 6 years, we took a 6 month break at about 3 years. But Ive been faithfull, and he swears he has too. So how come after all the paps I got when pregnant I get a abnormal one back at my 6 week check up after having the baby. Im freaking out. What could have caused this? How? If I have HPV y wouldn't they have noticed it sooner? And what if it has some effect on my baby? Please someone help. Im soo scared.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I honestly don't know, but I heard it's normal to get something like that after pregnancy! Ask your doctor again, like more details! And if it was something really serious, the dr would have told you, so don't worry!
    Anonymous

• It wont effect your baby. Sometimes HPV can go undetected for long periods of time. However, somewhere along the line, your boyfriend or husband contracted it from someone, if you know that you were faithful. During and shortly after pregnancy your cervical tissue can be abnormal, just because of the pregnancy. Keep that in mind, and wait for your results. There is no sense in getting worried if there is nothing wrong. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• I had and still have hpv nothing happened to my kids and hpv can un noticed for years. here a good website to look at it.

http://www.cdc.gov/STD/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm#howget
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 10:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I have HPV honestly i don't know where i got it from, and don't really care. It's not the cancerous kind (thank god!) But when i found out i was pregnant i told my doctor i have it and she did blood tests on me she's like noo you don't! Maybe it went away or just doens't show up anymore, my DH has it to it's really not that bad. I found out about 2 years ago, that's when i started dating justin and i didn't want him to know but eventually i told him,he didn't care :)
    numbi

Answer by numbi at 11:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• they told me this to so they did a biopse of my cervix to make sure that it was ok but they didnt find hpv until after i had my baby so maybe it takes a while to show up
    Anonymous

• You could have just been carrying it and it is now showing up... as long as your doctors are keeping an eye on it you should be fine. There's a lot of different types of HPV it doesn't mean you're gross/dirty/nasty/etc. Also, occasionally some paps give false results, but since they caught it now you should be okay! I never heard of anyone dying of HPV, just when the HPV develops into cancer or worse (not trying to freak you out...)

My DH had a form of it that caused him to get plantar's warts on his feet (HPV is what causes *most* warts) but had it cleared up by the doc... and I never got it from him. Don't sweat it too much your doctors will help you!
    Anonymous

• I have two strains of HPV. I have the one that anon's husband has. I get plantar warts on my feet sometimes, but it really broke out when I was pregnant. AND, I have the kind that causes abnormal pap smear. HPV can go years without being detected. It doesn't determine his fidelity unless you lost your virginity together and have been together since. But if you or him had other people, then you both can get it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009