How much should I budget for food at Disney World?

We're leaving on 8/9 and driving from Chicago to DW. It will be dh, 2 kids ages 8 & 2, my parents, and me. We are renting a house with kitchen and going to the parks for 4 days. How much should i be budgeting for food?

.ChiMama.

Asked by .ChiMama. at 10:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2012 in Travel

• it really depends on how much they eat,if you are making your food everyday for allday long ,there is a walmart near there where you can get food and make ,but i dont rember if you can bring food in the parks
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 10:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• I don't know, but I hear the meal plans they offer are well worth it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• the meal plans are worth it but only if you stay on the grounds you can get them
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 11:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• You can save a lot of money by buying your own food and eating in... especially if you are staying on the grounds. Also, you could pack a cooler of sandwich making stuff and go out to your car for lunch... there are tons of people that do that. Trust me, I don't really need to be that concerned about meals right now, but when the kids were little and we took vacations, the more money I could save, the better I felt. Disney can be a very affordable trip, and there are a lot of ladies on here who can help you more with that.... Have fun!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• i agree with m-avi
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 11:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• If you will be purchasing food from the park... Plan for at least $15-$20/per meal/per person.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• 1000
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 12:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• We already went and we easily spent over $1000 on food.
    .ChiMama.

Comment by .ChiMama. (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• They have tips on their website.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2012