What to do about a flat spot on babies head?

Its not like he's on the floor alot. And at night I try to reposition his head and turn it the other way. But despite all of my efforts he still has a flat spot. Any advice to help it, or what to do to prevent it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Truthfully, they sometimes put a baby in a helmet to reshape the head so I would make a huge effort to move his head the opposite direction so it evens out.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Try to keep him from laying down as much through the day as you can whether he's in a jumperoo or exersaucer or tummy time. Dd had a slight flat spot and so I worked hard to keep her off her back all day long and bought a jumperoo. Her flat spot is gone now.
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My son was in the hospital for 3 months after birth laying on a bed. The nurses always repositioned him every 2-4 hours to lay on back, then left side, the right side..The nurses told me when at home to continue to do. He is now 8 1/2 months and has a perfect shaped head. Dont let this discourage you if you start to do this your baby's head should become more round
    Anonymous