What were your signs that labor was coming?

I was just wondering how many moms out there had signs or inclinations that labor was getting ready to happen. Whether it was being extremely tired, suddenly had a burst of energy, a strange pain down below, or just that feeling that something was gonna happen. I would love to hear your stories. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• w both, i had bad case of the runs a day or 2 before, and the day of w my 2nd i had an abnormal amount of pressure down there.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• With my son, I woke up at 4am and had to pee and then went back to bed and layed down and then felt like i had to pee again but felt weird like something else might be happening and I went back into the bathroom and sat on the potty and my water had broke and ,TMI, it just starting pouring out. So I called my husband in there and told him I'm sure my water just broke and we need to go to the hospital.
    charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 10:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I had a "feeling" or a "just want to be done" feeling the day before I had my daughter. We went grocery shopping the night before and when we left that's when the first contraction happened. My mom prayed for me to have a good night sleep, I slept ALL night, not even up for one bathroom break. My husband said the dog slept next to me all night, as if he knew something. When i woke in the morning, I had broken my plug, and decided it was time to at least go to the doctor, and he said I was at a 4. That I could go walk around at the mall, or go to the hospital. I chose the hospital, was just uncomfortable.... called my mom and headed over( she was going to be there with us.) and now, the rest is history!
    Livi1220

Answer by Livi1220 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was exhausted the day I had my son and the day before. Yes I was always that way. I literally slept through almost all my labor until I was a 5 and they were asking me if I wanted an epidural. lol I know it sounds crazy but I was in denial that I was even in labor the only reason I went to the hospital or even called my doctor is because my best friend insisted that I was in labor and I needed to so to prove her wrong I did. Well needless to say I had him about 6 hours later lol
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2009