WON'T DO Tummy Time HELP!!

Ok my son is 5 Months old.. We've been doing Tummy time with him since he was a month old... He will not lift himself up!! He just lays there!!! Ive tried using his Boppy to elevate him but he just lays there with his head to the side.. Toys don't help... Is it ok that he won't lift himself up?? Will that keep him from Crawling or Develpoing right?? Help im really Worried!!

apeclark2008

Asked by apeclark2008 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think you should worry, Baby's will do it when they are ready. My son had lots of trouble staying on his tummy and wouldn't lift himself up at all. What was recommended was doing tummy time on you or his dad and just looking at him. Eventually he will start to look up and then things will just come to him. My son didn't start to lift himself up until like 7 months.. All baby's catch up.
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 10:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I would go to the pediatrician and let him know that you are worried about his progress. Some babies just progress slower than others. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong. But to ease your worries I would go and have him checked and talk to his Dr.
    srb32

Answer by srb32 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2009