Rich people have weddings in their backyard??? WTH????

My male cousin is on his second marriage. Through facebook, there was a posted event of an engagement . FF one week later , I get a call from my aunt telling me that it is going to be a wedding and not an engagement! So today low and behold i got a fb status from my cousin telling his friends that he is getting married on such and such a date. So one of my cousins asked where is the ceremony????? No response....but i know from a week ago from my aunt that they are having it at the beach! Then having the reception at the bride's house and since she is rich she is having it in her backyard. LOL. My mom who is elderly is livid and is wondering wth is wrong with people. I am just floored at how tacky this is becoming......What do you think???

jossstone1969

Asked by jossstone1969 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2012 in Relationships

• IDK if that cryptic message was for me or not. But, either way it's THEIR wedding & his 2nd (so, it's not going to be over the top). *IF* I'm ever insane enough to get remarried, I just want a simple beach wedding with just my children & his (if he has some) present. That's it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• I love the idea of a beach wedding and a backyard reception. I hate halls they're so stuffy.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• I am not sure how to respond since I don't understand half of what you wrote. From what I can decipher none of it sounds tacky. A lot of people have receptions in their backyards, not sure what being rich has to do with it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• I think you're being snooty. There is nothing wrong with a backyard wedding. My BFF got married in her husbands grandparents backyard and it was gorgeous and very large backyard. So if people are rich they are required to spend their money?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• What is wrong with that? I don't think it's tacky at all. Sounds like a fun time to me!! =) I love the beach!
    rosiecotton

Answer by rosiecotton at 1:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• And most rich people have immaculate and beautiful yards, to me it's the same as having a garden wedding at the local botany gardens
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• Rich people tend to have large homes & beautiful grounds. I wasn't what I called rich but, I got married (now divorced) at our home, outside & it was a beautiful $20,000 wedding with about 80 guests. We got endless compliments on how "classy" it was.

I don't understand why anyone cares or is "livid" it's HIS wedding.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• Oh and my dd was having a backyard reception but her gma rented a hall without telling us until yesterday
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• WTF is wrong with that??? Nothing to do with being rich or not. I've been to several wedding like this and they were freaking AWSOME!! Why is this a problem??? that makes NO sense!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• What is wrong with a backyard reception? Why would that be tacky? My step-daughter is thinking about having her in our backyard. It's beautiful and large - perfect for a wedding and/or reception.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2012