table food suggestions

My son James is 8 and a half months old and ready to self feed in his high chair. Can anybody suggest some healthy affordable foods I can give him?

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• noodles, chunks of soft cooked sweet potatoes, small soft bits of chicken, peas, pea-sized pieces of banana to name a few...
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• cut up bananas... cooked carrots... cherrios or gerber puffs.... i will stay on top of this question... my LO is 8 months old too and i am trying to figure out some things as well
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My DD is 5 months old and LOOOVES avodaco. its her first table food (soo excited:) and the first time I gave it to her she gobbled it up. I mixed it with a little breast milk to make it runny but going on 3 days in a row and she still loves it. It has a lot of healthy fat in too. Good food for them.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• cheerios :) awesome finger food for babies! don't waste your money on gerber puffs :) just get a huge box of cheerios.

I will recommend those gerber yogurt melts though. awesome non-messy way for kiddo to get the benefits of yogurt in a finger food.

any canned veggie cut up that's soft. green beans and carrots were the ones I normally got. just strain the liquid out and place on the tray.

tear a slice of American cheese into bite size pieces.

French fries or tater tots work well

toast (with or without butter, your preference there)

sliced bananas (quarter the slices if you are afraid of choking hazzard)

Vienna sausages. not the gerber ones, they are harder than the plain ones from a can and the same darn thing LOL

crackers

Anonymous

• I would do cubes of soft foods...
    Banana (coat with crushed cheerios to make them easier to pick up), avocado, cooked - sweet potato, apple, carrots, green beans, peas, rice, potato, beets
    crackers, graham crackers, cheerios, those gerber puffs
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Anything you eat he can eat. My son is 7 1/2months and he eats whatever I make for dinner.(except the meat because that is too hard for him but he gets the jarred meat and whatever else I make to go along w/ my dinner) He also eats all the differant Gerber snacks(puffs, wheels, biscuts, toast, crunchies)
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 11:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• both of my kids loved extra firm tofu chunks and squash (cut and cubed).
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 1:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• ok my son was 2 months old when i gave hem table food he had a hard time with milk but i gave hem any and every thing in small pices i always watched hem but i think when ppl say there is only serten kinds of food u can give a baby is rong my son is 2 now and is a very helty eater and love any and all kinds of food i love that i gave alkinds of food cause he is not a picky eater

r.i.proby213

Answer by r.i.proby213 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2009