When is the best time to put away baby swings and bouncers?

My son is almost 9 months now, and he still loves to use his swing, sometimes he falls asleep in there. I don't want to continue to keep him in forever. He also has a bouncer and I think we broke him of using that but what was the average age you stopped putting your infant in their swing/bouncer

Borikaos

Asked by Borikaos at 11:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if your baby still likes being in it then let him. you're not doing any harm.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I haven't gotten that far with my dd yet, but I think they will outgrow them on their own. Also, there is a weight limit on those things, so eventually you CAN'T put them in them.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 11:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I stopped using them both when my kids were crawling. They wouldn't sit in those if I had tried! I see it as a danger if they're able to really move around.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I would go by the weight limit. But also "listen" to your child; they will let you know when they really don't care for it anymore. Like PP said, when they become more mobile they have no time for sitting still in a swing or bouncer.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My son is 7 1/2 months and he still uses his swing sometimes. I figure I will just let him outgrow it when he is either too big(weight wise) or he dosen't want to sit in it anymore.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 11:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I stopped when she didn't want to be in it any more... when she started fighting to get out moments after being put in it because she missed the freedom to come and go where and when she wanted.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My daughter used her walker until she was 13 or 14 months old-she never really used her swing......but bouncer was only used until like 5 months old!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my son hates the swing and I can't use the bouncer anymore because even when he's strapped in he still tries to escape. I only use it when he eats his baby food because I don't have a highchair. He's 6 months.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 1:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• We stopped when they could sit up on their own. My oldest sat forward enough to almost flip the swing, the bouncer had a weight limit anyway, my second hated the swing so we just never used one with him or the youngest.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2009