im just about 33 weeks pregnant....how do i ease the back pain ?

i cant hardly bend over to pick up a sock. my belly feels 10 times heavier!! and my back always hurting now. im about 33 wks along. is that normal for that far along? i mean it just seems like the past week that this has happened, the back pain, the lack to b able to handle household duties as easy as a week ago. ugggh!! how do i relieve it all?

Kendra2009

Asked by Kendra2009 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im only 29wks and my back is dead half way through dishes..what you do to relieve it is rest.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• What I did was try to stay off your feet as much as possible. Don't worry about doing to much house work. Let your husband or ask your mom to come help you do most of it. Also I had to sleep pretty much with a pillow tucked under my back. Also it is good to have a pillow in between your legs at night as it will help your spine stay straight somewhat. My back was so bad that I still have problems and my children are 1 and two. My second daughter her head was pretty much laying on my spine and she even had indention in her head from my spine. Her scalp was starting to grow in a point from being in my spine. It would have grown that way if I wouldn't have had her early. I had her at 35 weeks.

Jill
    www.workbenefitsfromhome.info
    www.medicaldentaldiscounts.info
    freeathome

Answer by freeathome at 12:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• try a pregnancy support belt. They help hold your tummy up and relieve the pressure on your lower back :)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• warm baths are life savers, they relax your muscles even if just for a bit. try not bending straight over, kind of squat and then bend. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I sit on a yoga ball at work for an hour or two, do some stretches at night and take warm baths. I also use a heating pad for a few mins. if I need to. I'm 35 wks. and have only had back pain occasionally doing all these things.
    Anonymous