6 y.o needs sleep deprived EEG. How can I keep him up all night?

My son needs a sleep deprived EEG. The doctor said to let him sleep no more than four hours the night before. His appointment is not until 11. I am wondering how to keep him up most of the night?

jlemaycox

Asked by jlemaycox at 11:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Health

• Keep him busy with things he likes. Get out some playdoh or some other arts and crafts stuff and work on some projects together. Keep the lights on and bright. Put on some upbeat music to keep the mood energetic.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• ooohhhh.. poor kid.. and you too!!! go to walmart!!!! woo-hoo
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I like the Walmart answer...good thinking.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 11:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• walmart sounds like the best bet....however not to sound sadistic but keep him underdressed...it's hard to sleeep if your not very warm....board games? video games?...all night laundry mat? I don't know I just want to be of help, lol...I do feel for you and wouldn't want to be in your spot right now! Good luck!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• anything interactive! movies will just make him fall asleep if he is already tired. I would keep him up as late as you can-let him sleep two-four hours and wake him up for the appointment.
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Well, I can never get my son to sleep if he has caffiene. You could try giving him some Coke, if it's approved by the Dr.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Wal mart sounds good, make it your grocery shopping night! Dennys for ice cream or milk shake (coffee for you)
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2009