Anyone conceive & overweight? I never got the weight off from baby #1 (17months ago) & I'm 240!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was 230 before i got pregnant with this one and i didnt lose the weight from my last
    Anonymous

• Yes, unfortunately. This is my first, and I'm "borderline gestational diabetic." I'm fine, but I'm still on a diet for it. They don't mind that I'm losing weight, as long as I don't lose too much at a time. Also, when you are a gestational diabetic, they want to make sure your baby doesn't get too big (the baby producing more insulin than normal causes that), so they really monitor you. If you're concerned about your weight, ask your OB about it. He/she may want you to take a sugar test early. The earlier the better :) Good luck.

P.S. Just because you're overweight doesn't mean you'll have an unhealthy baby. Like it's said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Just don't stress yourself out over it :)
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 11:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i was 230 when i got pregnant with my daughter and i only gained about 20 lbs being pregnant. but i think its just fine. just be careful about how much weight you do gain.
    Anonymous

• I was overweight when I had my first daughter. I was 160 which is big for my frame and I got pregnant again when my daughter was 9 months old so never got the first baby weight off and and still overweight and having a hard time getting both baby weights off and it has been a year since my second daughter.

www.workbenefitsfromhome.info
    www.medicaldentaldiscounts.info
    freeathome

Answer by freeathome at 12:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i was right about 230 wheni got pregnant. and had a healthy baby and pregnency.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009