Anyone know anything about HPV?

I got a call from the clinic saying that I had some abnormal cells meaning possible HPV. And I have been with the same man for almost 6 years, we took a 6 month break at about 3 years. But Ive been faithfull, and he swears he has too. So how come after all the paps I got when pregnant I get a abnormal one back at my 6 week check up after having the baby. Im freaking out. What could have caused this? How? If I have HPV y wouldn't they have noticed it sooner? And what if it has some effect on my baby? Please someone help. Im soo scared.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Same thing happened to me!

HPV can lie dormant in your body for years. It can surface at any time. For me, it was evident after I became preg with my 3rd baby and I had been with my husband for 5 years. We were both faithful. Being faithful means nothing with HPV.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I know that HPV can come and go very fast. It can show up at any time after you have been infected, whether it's 3 weeks or 3 years. A lot of women don't even know they have had it, because it can go away on its own.
    Anonymous

• she's right. Also, 8 out of 10 women have been exposed to hpv with out even knowing it. you do not have to have sex to get hpv. and there are about 30 different kinds of hpv that affect the genital area.. you will probably have a L.E.E.P procedure.... it will probably show cervical dysplasia... and usually the L.e.e.p procedure solves the problem...
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I didn't know i had it till i came back with an abnormal pap. They told me they where pre cancerous i got rid of them as fast as i could. There is a good possibility you got it from some one else before your SO or like Victina said one of 30 different ways. don't beat your self up over it. take care of it.
    YamahaGoddess

Answer by YamahaGoddess at 11:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You should get a repeat test. You may want to read this article.

Positive Pap Smear Results: Why Not to Panic

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• This one too. It may help you to know that it is very common and many HPV's are not dangerous. HPV Virus: Unveiled

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2009