? about my babys vomiting

i need help my 9mo old as a mic-key since she was 5weeks old she was throwing up alot there for a while and then she stoped for a few months and then she just started up again one time so bad that she choked on it and stoped breathing now im afraid that the dr is going to bring up the nissen again my ? is can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this so if he dose bring it up i can talk about it

gtubemom

Asked by gtubemom at 11:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure but I found this on Google maybe it might have some answers you are looking for http://www.mic-key.com/index.asp Good luck!
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 12:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Im sorry to hear your daughter is having trouble with this.My son has had a fundo/gtube since 2 1/2 months. I know how hard it is to see your little one suffer. Here are some pros that i found with this surgery.pro 1. It helps keep fluid out of lungs since she cannot spit up pro - 2 will not loose weight due to spit up pro 3 - it honestly helped save my son from pain from aspiration(which is the best part for me)..only one Con i can think of and that is gagging( i felt helpless since there is not much we can do other than to use the vent to get the gas out of the tummy. I think all mothers who are put in this situation feel helpless and don't want their little one to have to go through surgery. We all just have to remember that the doctor is recommending what is best for our children. I hope that this is not necessary for your child but if it is ask tons of ?s and try to write them down so you dont forget..
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 3:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• and just remember that NO QUESTION is STUPID! Even if you have to ask the same question millions of times. I hope my answer helps you. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.If you ever want to talk let me know. take care
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 3:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2009