Caught My step Daughter flashing Guys

Shes only 11 and I caught Her several times lately walking from the bath to Her room naked and while watching TV in the live room not wearing underwear when We even had company over, and playing with Her Cousins both Boys 10 and 13, She even leaves the door open to the bathroom, We have talked to Her and She said it was an accident, Im afraid She really will have problems.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Her behavior seems very hypersexual to me. Would you have any reason to suspect she may have had undesirable contact? I believe I would try to talk to her one on one and see if I couldn't get some answers. Ask open question..not just yes and no questions. If you need to take her to the Dr. In the meantime...basic guidelines and rules regarding her behavior have to be addressed including the consequences for continuing to do so. Make sure her Dad is on board. Make sure she knows that Dad and you have discussed it at length. If she wants him there..so be it. Most girls that age have a hard enough time talking to "mom' much less Dad. Good Luck
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Thank You thats very wise, I will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I AGREE W/ GRENEYD. YOU NEED TO GET HER TO THE DR. AND SEE IF SHE HAS HAD SEX, SHE SEEMS YOUNG TO BE DOING THAT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i agree with grandma, but I wanted to add one thing. Hypersexuality can come from being overexposed to sex at a young age. Things like watching movies with a lot of sex in them, or possibly even catching someone in the act. Or someone having porn around and a kid getting into it. If it's your step daughter, you may not have complete control over what she sees, but you are sure going to have to deal with it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I agree with the others. I also want to point out, protect not only your daughter, but your husband and the boys that are around her. False accusations can and do happen. Either way, she needs help. Good luck and I am sorry, this sounds really really difficult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• maybe she is trying to get attention from her mom or dad, since you said she was your step daughter, I figured she was trying to get attention from one of you,,, I would stop her now from showing her goodies to everyone,,,,,,buy her a robe and tell her to put it on after she bathes and walks though the living room in front of whoever is there,,, then if she did it again she needs to be put on restriction of some sort so she will not show herself to others. I hope this helps you out, because this could become a really big problem when she gets older.... Hugs..
    katandtysmom

Answer by katandtysmom at 2:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• She sounds like she's trying to get attention, and like she probably secretly has a low self esteem... I'd get her counseling right away, and I agree she might have been abused or be having sex already. I'd have a long talk with her about respecting herself enough not to behave like this. We have a neice who was much the same way at this age and IMO still has "issues". In her case she was really lacking attention. She later falsely accused a guy of raping her, then admitted she'd made that up... So whatever you do, do something NOW! Talk to her, spend lots of positive time with her, and find her help if you aren't able to turn things around very quickly. Also, maybe some "house rules" about nudity, privacy, being alone with members of the opposite sex, etc. would help.
    Junecleo

Answer by Junecleo at 2:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Once is an accident. Oops. If it has continued she's doing it on purpose. I would have a talk with her and let her know it's inappropriate and will no longer be tolerated. Before it gets totally out of hand.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• One of the most powerful feelings I have felt as a female is when I knew I could get attention with my sexuality. I didn't run around naked or my mom would have beat me to death but I did turn into a tease at a young age. I didn't want sex. I wanted attention. I was starved for attention and found I could get it that way. I'm not bragging. I'm actually saying I had low self esteem and used inappropriate means to get what I craved. Perhaps she has the same need. I never had anyone touch me inappropriately as a child nor did I watch porn or sexual movies, etc. Sometimes it's not about the sexual things we do it's more about what we are not getting and the measures we'll take to get it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• OMS.I did the same thing around that age, it was really about attention and curious about sex too.
    Anonymous