here it comes!!!

I am sick and now my 3month old is getting it, runny nose, sore throat, sneezing, coughing.
how can i help her feel better?

LoveMyKacie

Asked by LoveMyKacie at 12:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her a lil bit of motrin...that will help her. Also rub some baby vicks and her nose and chest. That will soothe her nose and coughing. Hope she feels better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• No don't give her MOTRIN! She is Way too young. She can't have that until she is 6 months old.
    She can have Tylenol... but I wouldn't give her any... incase it would mask a fever, in which case she should go to the doctor... being so young and with RSV spreading like wild fire!
    To make her more comfotable- humidifier in her room, you can elevate her crib matress with a pillow under the matress, use saline in her nose and suck it out with a bulb syringe
    And that's about it. No other medications are ok for a baby her age.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Ive heard your not suposed to give motrin until they are 6 months. My son got sick when he was only a couple weeks old poor baby. But what I was told was to run a cool mist humidifer. Theres the little noses spray for their nose if its stuffy.You can give tylonol for fever or achyness. Or run a hot shower and let them breath in the steam for a bit. And thats about it, unless you go to the doc. Hope i was helpfull.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• DO NOT put baby Vicks on her nose. Putting it on her chest will do just fine. My little boy has a horrible cold right now. We gave him a bath with Johnson & Johnson's vapor bath, then put the Vicks on him. We also used the bulb syringe and saline drops. If she has a swing, It wouldn't hurt to let her sleep in it for the night, to keep her semi upright.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i agree with both AmiJanell and Rebecca7708..although, i dont see why it would be a problem putting it on your baby's nose.?GL..also, give pedialite to stay hydrated
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• DON'T put VICKS on a 3 month old!! Even on his chest!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• where is the harm in putting vicks on an infant that young?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009