Stillborn?

Did anybody on this sight have anxiety about their baby being born still?... i have heard so many women who have gone through this, and my heart goes out to them.

Did anyone ever have anxiety about this? What causes stillborn?

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had never heard of stillborn babies during my first pregnancy.

I had a stillborn baby at 42 weeks. My son Dylan got stuck in the birth canal during the delivery at the hospital. In my case the cord was long and thin and the delivery was the last straw. Had I been able to have a c-section my son would be alive today. What happened to me is rare.

Yes you do feel anxiety with subsequent pregnancies.
    You definately follow the rule to count movements every two hours with the next one.
    If I thought my second son wasn't moving then I would eat something very sugary to wake him up and make sure he was moving.

When he came home we had a breathing/heart rate monitor under his mattress. There was no way I was going to bury another baby.

What causes it?
    placenta previa is one cause but not the only one.

Count babies movements! and trust your gut. If you feel something is wrong, get it checked out.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I wouldnt let myself even think that I could have a still born baby. I was fortunate enough not to. One of my friends however, lost 2 babies last year! One at 23 weeks and one at 25 weeks. She had to birth them both. She had preeclampsia with both pregnancies.
    trixie_gurl07

Answer by trixie_gurl07 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i freaked out the first time till i heard him crying and screaming and this time im scared just like last time i feel so sorry for the women that actually have to deal with it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• All the time! I always poked her to make sure she was still moving around in there. I thought women who couldn't sleep when their babies were moving were crazy! It's the only way I could fall asleep. I had to know she was still alive in there.
    MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 12:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I was sorried about that with my first because I was told he had growth restriction and that I had low fluids. I looked up some stuff on webMD and sites liek that and they all said that babies with that have a high rate of still birth. I was soo worried til the day he was born and turns out there was never any kind of growth restriction or anthing. I never look at those sites for anthing after that.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 1:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2009