Hurt my feelings

I had half of my teeth removed Wednesday. No anesthesia just lidocaine. They removed all my upper & lower back teeth on both sides. My dad took me to the appt.

Not once did my husband text to see how I was doing. I texted him once and asked if he could pick up my script for Vicodin & antibiotics on his way home from work. all he said was "sure".

He gets home way late WITHOUT my pills!! He had forgotten and was late because he dropped a friend off that had missed his bus. WTF.

He said he was busy all day at work which I'm sure he was but how long does a text take to say, "hey, dear, half your face was ripped out, how are you?". I mean seriously!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2012 in Relationships

• Sorry, it sounds like you need to have a sit down with him when you're able to talk.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• i tried to talk to him but besides a half ass apology he acts like it's not a big deal. i would never treat him like that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• is this possibly because he wanted you to do it somewhere cheaper so he is mad aobut it?
    Not right of course but he could have still not been happy with your choice of how and where to get it done so he is being a turd????

Hope you are feeling better
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• lol, grandbaby, you remember that post?? I had a feeling he may be being passive aggressive but I'm not sure. the funny thing is that he is talking about having the same thing done to his mouth and I asked if he was going for the $400 discount dentures and he said , "NO WAY!" . what an arse. He asked if my dentist would give him a discount! lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• OP- " i would never treat him like that "
    but he does
    uneven relationsip
    not partnership

is he 'fixable'?
    meaning- does he act like this often, is there a history of this type of selfishness and disregard for loved ones (you) maybe others too?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• I'm sorry. I would definitely be hurt by his lack of concern for your needs. Men are so inconsiderate its ridiculous. I wish for one day they could understand how their actions make us feel. I would say this is definitely something that you guys need to talk about. I think its unacceptable that he forgot to get your medicine for you when I assume you were very uncomfortable. I hope you guys can have a good talk and get somethings worked out. I would let him know how hurt you were by his actions.
    brittcw87

Answer by brittcw87 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• I know I would be hurt!!! I do hope that your mouth is feeling a little better!
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• fiat - i think he is fixable. i hope. he seems to see me as lowest on his "to do" list though. i'm just really not sure why i am not in the front of his mind, i would love to know. i really really would, I'm serious.

britt - thank you for understanding. and you are so right, i think he has no idea how much his actions or inactions affect me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• thank you coala - i am feeling better. less sore than the other day. Just think, I still have all my front teeth to get pulled! fun fun =(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• I can understand why your feelings are hurt. If I was in that situation, my husband would likely catch my palm heel to his teeth so he hurt, too!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2012