HPV and babies???

I just had a baby a few months ago, and got a call about low grade abnormal cells from my pap, most likely meaning HPV, and I have an apointment in march to go back in. But im freaking out, could this hurt or affect my baby in any way?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• No, I had cervical pre-cancer... and it did not affect my pregnancy or DD one bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Your baby should be just fine. I had a baby and then later found out I had HPV and my baby is just fine. Don't worry about anything till you know for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I knew I had HPV before becoming pregnant. I had a previous cryosurgery and a clear pap and my Doc said there was nothing to worry about as far as the baby is concerned. I was able to have an all natural vaginal birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• No...you're baby will be just fine. Just make sure to keep on top of your visits. I had it and ended up having to get a cone biopsy done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Usually the baby will be fine. Unless you had an outbreak during delivery (which obviously you didn't) then there is very little chance of passing it on to baby. And while HPV can cause a few major problems, its more common to just carry the disease but never have symptoms. Thats why the vaccination for HPV is only for girls 9-26 y/o...because by 26, you've probably already been exposed and either didn't catch anything or you are carrying, but never had (or will have) an outbreak.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009