Should this mom be reported?

The other day I was looking at various myspace pages of people in my area, and came across a page of a girl that looked fairly interesting. I was looking at her pictures, and came to some that were of her and a friend getting high. So then I go back to her profile, and see that she works at a local DAYCARE! Should I report her to the daycare? Would anything be done? I do not have a printer to send the proof, and the daycare does not have a website.

What do you all reccommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would. You could always call in an anonymous tip to the police and give them the URL of her myspace page so they can see it themselves. If you want to directly make sure her job hears about it (and daycare users everywhere will love you for it) you can try calling and ask for a manager (make sure it's not her!) and give them her myspace URL. I'm sure they'd do something about it. What if a client had found her page instead of you? They'd have a big problem on their hands wouldn't they?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• In my opinion, as long as she is not getting high while at work, or before going to work, it's none of our business, although I do think it's a bad choice. If you reported it, they couldn't really do anything, because it's a picture and you can't prove that's actually what was happening. I guess the daycare could make her take a drug test.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I guess I agree with anonymous~ i know that if i found out anyone who worked at a daycare i had my child at was getting high, i would be livid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• What she does in her own time is her business. So no. I wouldn't report.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i know alot of potheads that are Great with kids..as long as shes not high while working, what she does on her own time is her own business..how do you know the daycare doesnt already know since its openly on her site? marijuana doesnt impare your ability to care for children like alcohol does..i wouldnt report..they'll find out anyways if they dont already know.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• id report it. if there is a concern about it affecting her work, they can giver her a drug test. if it doesnt, then great! maybe she will wise up and take the pics off myspace...
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 1:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• why are you being a snoop??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• This is just like the Phelps case. Its a photo!! If she can get into troble then so can Phelps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I wouldn't. You don't know when that pic was taken, it could be a very old pic. No, it's not a good choice that she made/is making, but it's really not your business to get involved when you don't know the whole story. And EVEN IF it is a recent picture, again, you don't know the whole story. It could have been a one time thing. It could be a staged pic, some kind of joke, albeit a joke in poor taste. I think you need to just forget about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2009