What do you eat when you want something unhealthy to eat but aren't going to give in?

I have had a TERRIBLE sweet tooth all day, and instead I've been eating crazy amounts of vegetables and drinking water.

After dinner I wanted ice cream... So instead I had half a small baked potato with chives, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and a dab of ranch.

(Dinner was really good- homemade crab cakes covered in fresh vegetables)

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 9:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2012 in Food & Drink

• I'm still probably going to have ice cream at some point, but I'm trying not to.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• PB&J or pb and honey sandwich if I want something sweet. I also have frozen fruit in the freezer that I mix with some heavy cream and a little sugar to make instant ice cream. I use strawberries, mangos and peaches. I'll also add some vanilla extract or almond extract for extra flavor.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• I drink water.

It's ok to give in to cravings as long as it's not a spur of the moment thing.
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• cereal
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• I don't deny myself. I know if I do, I'll give in later and it will not be pretty. Better to get it over and be able to eat a reasonable bit then try to satiate that sweet with other things then eventually go to and gorge on what I wanted in the first place
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• I whip up some egg whites and add some cinnamon. I then cook them in a frying pan with PAM. I heat up some berries in the microwave. When the eggs are done, I roll the berries in the egg white and wrap it like a crepe.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• fiber bar
    jthough407

Answer by jthough407 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• I was told to give up coffee. No way am I. I have given up sugar, and bad carb. Not giving up coffee. NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by louise2 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• PB & apples or bananas.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• Greek yogurt with fruit. Usually Chobani pineapple. Feels like cheating but it's not.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2012