my dog has a red rash on his belly and chest.

It just appeared. he is acting normal and is eating normal.

sherry0906

Asked by sherry0906 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2012 in Pets

• does he have fleas? has he been out in tall grass? one of my dogs is allergic to grass and he gets a rash if he's in grass tall enough to touch his belly. also some dogs are allergic to fleas
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2012

• Probably fleas. Check for small dry dark specks on that area and if they turn red when wet with water that is dried blood from the flea.If the dog only gets the rash and or hot spots in summer months it is a good sign it is fleas. Fleas carry tapeworm larva. Not all fleas do
    but there is no way to tell which ones do and don't. If the dog happens to injest a flea with the larva it will get tapeworm. Also, people can get tapeworm if they kill a flea with their fingers and happen to touch their mouth without washing their hands. So, control the flea problem before anything else.
    heart4luv

Answer by heart4luv at 4:00 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Have you changed food lately? My dog is sensitive to certain foods and will rash up if she eats it.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 9:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Fleas maybe, itching?
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 8:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2012