Co-worker issue

I work with a lady who constantly talks crap about the rest of our co-workers to me, and then turns around and brown-noses them like they are the best thing since apple pie!

This is not the first person I've run into who behaves this way. Exact same thing happened at my former job. The gal couldn't wait to tell me how unfair this person was or how bossy that one was, and then acts like these people rule the earth and she wants to be their best friend.

Guess I'm sick of attracting co-workers who want to bend my ear like that. Wondering why I am attracting them to tell me these things. I am incredibly focused on the job, more on the quiet side. Just there to do my work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2012 in Money & Work

• I have a few of those at my work place and it annoys the hell out of me!
    It's so bad, that I spend my breaks in my car so I don't have to spend my time listening to things I really care nothing about.
    There is at least one in every work place!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• I'm all for people venting. But when they talk that much venemous stuff about someone, and then turn to that someone and behave quite differently from the way they feel, that's when I have to roll my eyes because that does not make sense to me!

When I have trouble with a certain personality, I keep my mouth shut, and I certainly don't go out of my way to cater to them in such a fake manner. Ridiculous!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• I completely agree! It's so annoying to me that seriously, I'm afraid I'd say something that could possibly get me into trouble, lol
    I have said I don't like gossip but it doesn't take care of the problem..
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Yeah, I also feel that way and especially feel that if they talk crap like that about those others, who knows what crap they talk about me!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Just continue to do your work, and refuse to take part in those critical conversations.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Well gdiamante, this is why I take breaks in my car :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• There's always those people.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• People take breaks? **grin** I even eat lunch at my desk.

As Staci said, there will always be those people. Keep a mental file and see if there's anything that can be taken to human resources. I'm not one to allow anyone to drive me out to my car.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:00 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• I have worked with those types of people and I usually call them out to shut them up. "If your gonna spew it, own it" Is my motto
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Just refuse to get drawn in. Just say hmmm or uhuh or ignore her. She will get the message.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2012