I'm having issues with my eyes

My eyes shake sometimes. When I'm concentrating on something really hard they just shake and I have to stop a refocus on what I'm doing. Tonight I was sewing up dd's stuffed dog that ripped and I was using thread that matched and when I tried to tie off the end my eyes started shaking because I was having to concentrate on where the thread was. Is this normal? It's almost like a twitch or something. They just shake horizontally (feels like it, I've never actually seen them do it) really fast a couple of times Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Lol

Hollyhock.

Asked by Hollyhock. at 4:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2012 in Health

• I've had that happen. I've always just assumed it was related to how much stress and anxiety I was dealing with. Usually it went away within a few minutes. I've never talked to a doctor about it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Yeah, I was going to say stress too....that's when it happens to me. And it could be "good" stress....not like you are angry/upset. But if you are concentrating really hard, I can understand that the eye muscles might be rebelling. As always, ask you doc.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• I would check it out with an opthamologist or an optomotrist.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• I've never heard of it. Has it always happened? If it's always happened, I assume you've seen eye doctors before, so I wouldn't be overly concrerned, although I would go in and mention it just to be safe. But if it's a recent development, I'd definitely get in to a doctor. It might be fine, but I'd want the assurance of a thorough exam to know for sure.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• that's happened to me ever since i was a kid. it doesn't happen often, but i do know exactly what you're talking about. it actually happens less frequently now in my adult life than it did growing up, but perhaps that's because i don't study or read as much as i did when i was in school.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:19 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Go to the eye doctor and get it checked out. Rather be safe then sorry.

Answer by louise2 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Maybe it's time to consider readers. Too much strain on your eyes.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Ok thanks :) I'll make an appointment just to be sure. This just started happening recently. I've never had any problems with my vision or eyes so this really confused me lol.
    Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2012