What can this be on my daughters breats?

My daughter 13,almost 14 has big breasts, she is a 32 D.She has these blue marks,bruises on her chest,since she said about a month.Could these be stretchmarks???

Marion

Asked by Marion at 1:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• maybe veins?

lrg boobs tend to be veiny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Hickeys?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• They sound like stretch marks. When I was developing, it's like I got breasts overnight and unfortunately they came with stretchmarks. They faded quickly though.
    Anonymous

• they could be old hickeys that are about to go away, they turn purple/blue after awhile. but they could be veins also
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You know your daughter best so you can best decide what these may be. It hopefully is just veins or stretch marks. Those would both be thin and long. The way you described it makes it sound more like they are bruises. How did your daughter react to you asking what they were? Did she approach you asking about them? The answers will help you rule out the next possibilities. Is it possible she has an abusive boyfriend (or someone else is abusive)? Could it be hickeys? Or it may be the marks leftover from placing ice with salt on it directly on her skin? Some kids do it bc they think it is cool, but it could also be a form of self-mutiliation. She could be embarrased and not like her breasts and is doing this to herself. I hope it is not the latter, but if it looks more like a bruise and she doesn't want to talk to you about it than this is a possiblily you NEED to look into. I hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The last time I had big bruise looking things on me it was hickeys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would take her to the Dr. They could be stretch marks, they could be bruises, either from improperly fitting bras, or from being harassed by her peers - are they grabbing her, pinching her, etc, and she's not telling. Is she sexually active and they're hickies?

I think I would go in and ask her Dr, that way he/she can look at them and tell you for sure what they are, and, depending on what they are, you can go from there.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Probably stretch marks if they last... (I got some when I was pregnant on my breasts and they are purplish and kind of indented)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Thanks for answering.
    My daughter came to me to take a look at her breasts.NO HICKEYS !!!
    I just told my daughter she is more prudish than a nun !!!!
    She is interested in boys but sex is still icky for her.
    No like I said, she is a 32 D and exploding,I go with stretchmarks !!!
    Of course I have teased her about hickeys!!!!!!
    Marion

Answer by Marion at 10:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You'd be surprise what kids now a days don't tell us even if they are looking right at us.

They sound like old hickeys, don't be so naive (she has BIG breast what boy is not going to notice) I hope I am wrong. Watch her carefully don't be fooled.surprisedYOU DID WHAT?

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009