Inducing me a week BEFORE my due date????

Im 37 weeks
So i went to the doc today and im 2 centimeters and 80% effacaed, she stipped my membranes and told me that i can possibly go into labor within 72 hours because she stipped my membranes but even if i dont she said she had a feeling ill have this baby within this week and i asked her what if i dont go into labor and then she said "well with my patients i dont let pass a week before there due date, so ill iduce you a week before your due date" I THOUGH DOCTOR IDUCE YOU ON YOUR DUE DATE ...if you dont go into labor NOT a week before your due date.......

PLEASE HELP???
oh yeah and i just started having lots of pain on one side of my stomach and it kinda hurts bad but not like brying bad. what can this be? ive never felt this pain. is it because she stipped my membranes. once again its only on my left side that hurts.........HELP

Araceli361

Asked by Araceli361 at 2:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why did she strip your membranes SO early??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my hospital doesnt induce until 10 days AFTER your due date
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have No idea she just checked if i had dilated more then i felt her doing something else and then after she finished she told me she did that.

And right now im having alot of pain on my left side is it just like something pulling or stretching?????????
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 2:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i would be PISSED if she did that to me without my consent...

id seriously raise hell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• She did that way to early unless you were having fetal stress or some other condition,she should of waited die to risks to you & baby.
    If your overdue maybe than consider this induction option,i would be upset what she did.
    That pain,makes me think she hit something i do not know but i would get checked,good luck to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• She sounds to me not right in her practice nobody does this technique before your due date,especially that many days or induces before,does she not care about the babies health or yours?
    I would get checked by another doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'm a midwife and i came across your ad and right now am speechless.
    Please go get checked right away for your and babies health by another doctor.
    Give us all an update,that your okay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• most places won't induce till the due date unless there is a need due to medical reasons (baby big for date, gestational diabetes, high bp, protein in urine or something like that) if your walking around dilated to 3 for weeks and very effaced they might induce early but 2 and 80 I don't know. You have a very good chance of being an easy induction and if you don't go on your own this week you should be really close. Maybe she said that because she thinks you'll have delivered by then. How many kids does this make for you? With my fifth I was 3/80 when they induced half way into 38 weeks because I live far from the hospital and have a history of faster labors (one was only 3 hrs) she thought I'd have that baby in the car.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 2:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I know lots of doctors who induce before the actual due date simply because after 37 weeks, your baby is good to go. They only getting fatter in the last couple of weeks. It was wrong of her to strip your membranes without your consent, but other than that it sounded like you were already on your way.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009