what do you do for your baby when he has gas

he switch formula and stomach has been hurting and been not hisself

Asked by alissa200 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try gas releif drops or switch formula

Answer by JESSMCARTER325 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• a gentle tummy rub with the palm of the hand in a clockwise circular motion.

Answer by estherWSM at 6:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I found if I held by son across by stomach with his stomach against mine and rubbed his back it would help. I guess the heat transfer between our bodies helped him.

Answer by dndmomof4 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Lay him on his stomach. Rub his stomach. Push his legs up to his tummy and lightly push them into his belly.

Answer by nana44 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Lay him across your knees, elevating the side with his bottom. Rub his back.

Answer by Leslie03 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i asked the same question earlier & was told to try gripe water. it was a MIRACLE!!!!!!!!! it worked within 20 minutes. go get it....NOW!!!!!!

Answer by krisstencarmela at 6:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Have you tried infant massage? There is a thing you can do where you touch their toes to their nose and it helps the gas come out. We used to do it to my daughter and we called it "cranking out the toots" because she always farted. There are also some other ways to rub them that helps with digestion.

Answer by NakylasMom at 7:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The best answer is pro biotics. I believe gripe water is a probiotic. Probiotics will not only help with gas but with reflux and it strengthens the immune system. They also help with spitting up. I hope it works!

Answer by jackimci at 10:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• probiotics for sure (I use FloraBaby) and Gripewater!

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We used Mylicon, the infant gas drops and "bicycled" our daughters legs until the colic was outgrown. Or lay the baby on tummy on your lap and kind of roll him over your legs.

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2008