Home Remedies for burns

I have a horrible burn on my thumb from a bag of popcorn exploding on me last night. I never do microwave popcorn, but someone left a bag here and I was lazy last night.

Anyways, I have no burn medicine. What really works to help a burn?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2012 in Health

• Hubby can kiss my ass...he's in the dog house. LOL!!
    Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) 14 minutes ago

^^^ LOL! Well that's a start! 1st your ass, then the booboo! :p (You know what they say about making up! lol :p)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Even though I am partial to honey, I have to agree with mrsmom on the cool water and sterile dressing (loose, not tight).
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• is there a blister? The old "rule" was not to pop it, but now if you use a sterile needle, you can pop it and cover it with a bandaid. It's okay to use neosporin or something similar, if the skin is open.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• According to the AHA First Aid guidelines, only cool water & a sterile dressing. Butter is a big No No- so don't use that. And have hubby kiss the booboo! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• I usually put some aloe on a burn.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Home/Herbal Remedies for Burns

Hope it feels better soon. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Nothing that I know of! I hate burns, but i just use burn cream and bandage it up. You can get silvadene off amazon.com without a prescription.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• I used to do the butter thing, but have since learned that is a BIG no-no. I like the aloe but my plant died a while back and I've never replaced it.

Honey is FANTASTIC and great for MANY kinds of things. I have seen how well it works. My son had what the doctors called an infection pocket ... very nasty thing ... on his back. They tried many different things that just didn't seem to work. One progressive doc said to use pure honey (with the comb in it) and believe it or not, the honey started healing it up!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Vinegar.. ice ,aloe
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2012

• ^^^ Dardenella: Ice is also a NO NO for burns. Just cool water. Then keep it clean or use a sterile dressing

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2012