Which IUD is best?

Anyone have a favorite? lol

ArmyWifeNewMom

Asked by ArmyWifeNewMom at 3:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Health

• As far as I know there are only two, the paragard and the mirena. I have the mirena because that is what the doctor recommended...I should have went with the paragard because it's hormone free. It uses copper as a barrier...the other is known to have a low dose of hormones that my doctor said is only absorbed by the cervix/uterus...so I guess it's personal preference.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 3:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have trouble with synthetic hormones so I went with the paraguard. I've been very happy with it. I also like that it is a ten year rather than five year BC because I wanted something pretty close to permanent without the surgery. I'm not sure there is an answer on which one is best for everyone, research the differences and decide which one is right for you.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2009