If god doesn't give more to people than what they can handle, why am I on the edge of breakdown?

Why the heck?!
Everyday I tell myself to rise to the occasion. Be content with what you accomplished that day and so forth. But tonight I realized ... I will not be able to catch up on things. Ever. Something's got to give. I made a list of the top 5 priorities, which are:

1 - taking care of an ill family member
2 - make sure ds has a daily routine
3- keep the house clean
4- keep up with the bills and other administration
5- keep my job

The problem is # 1 and 2 take up most of my time already. Other stuff gets done too but kinda sloppy. I'm exhausted, that's all. i don't know what to do anymore. I've been reaching out for help and got some. Still it's more than I can handle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• P.S. yes, I've been on a little vacation. Have some days off, think of something else. it was nice. Until you return and have to face all the chores and issues that have been piling up.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Because, I hate to tell you but, that's just a false saying that the religious tell themselves, to make themselves feel better.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2012

• God doesn't cause bad things to happen in our life. Bad things happen because bad things happen. His purpose is to be beside us to help us through the hard times.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2012

• You are surviving. Life isn't easy. Are you putting a burden on yourself to appear to others that you are spoofing it all. Look into respite care to help with the ill family member. Yours sons routine doesn't have to be perfect. You can have a messy house. I,m often overwhelmed also but I have to take a break sometimes for myself.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2012

• I've had days that I didn't know how I'd get thru them. When that happened, I just closed my eyes, took some deep breaths & prayed to God to send me more strength. At night, before I fell asleep, I'd give my problems over to Him to get a good night's sleep. And then remember, you are only 1 person w/ so many hours in the day. Don't set unrealistic goals. Break large tasks down into smaller ones & keep asking for help. *Hugs* :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Every one and every situation is different. Sometimes God uses situations to get out attention, sometimes he uses them to let us know our own strength. I agree with Ginger, He is there with us when things are hard. In my life during troubled times, I tried to keep the mentality that this too shall pass and that "all things are possible through Christ which strengthens us."

We weren't meant to carry burdens alone. Can you reach out to anyone in your family for help with things like house work or care for the family member that is ill? Can you reach out to someone in a local church?

I've always thought that saying was a little misleading. Life isn't fair but we have to keep going. God loves us and wants to comfort us and lift us up if we will let him. I truly hope things get better for you! Bless you!
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 4:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2012

• Maybe you forgot to pray an lay your burdens in the Lord's hands.

I am guilty myself. I pray and ask God to help me and then sit there and begin trying to contol it myself. What do I want? Help or to have control?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2012

• God never said you would not be given more than you can handle. If you were never given more than you could handle... why would you need him? You can work through this. I am certain of it. I have been in that position where you are so ready to give up. This is just a season in your life. Work through it best you can and do all you can do to help the next season be better.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2012

• You've got "keep the house clean" way too high up there. **smile** Make it number 9, 10 or 11 on your priorities. Unless there's a health hazard, no one will care. No one worth being had the words "World's Greatest Housekeeper" engraved on her tombstone.

Is your child old enough to read orunderstand a picture chart? Make one of those with the daily routine. Do it with a dry erase board that they can check off throughout the day, and then clean up at night to prepare for the next day.

Automate what you can, like bill payments. If you have a smartphone, check to see if your bank offers apps to give you daily balances and alerts when funds come out. See if you can arrange your bill schedules to coincide with paydays; many places are more than willing to do that if it comes along with an automatic debit.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2012

• God--if he even exists in the first place--does not interfer with or change what life hands us. You will get more than you can handle and it's important to learn to prioritize. You need time to decompress. Respite care workers are amazing people. They can help you get time away from your work as a caregiver. Sometimes frozen dinners can substitute for self-preparation. The world will not end if the house is not spotless. Really. It won't.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2012