why wont my so help me out???

ok we been together almost 2 years now we both work she has everything she wants in life and then some. ive been at my job almost 2 years and i dont have a car. i didnt have a car when we got together, shes got plenty of money but she wont help me get a car. not only that im suppose to get my kids every other weekand she knows this but she refuses to help me out. if i had what she does i would love to help my so out when ever she needed. i dont understand. it could be a 200 $ one im not picky just something to get me around .... any suggestions?? thanks so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Well,if you work, why dont you get yourself a car and that way you can say you did it yourself. She may like you depending on her.I am not being mean when I say this,but, its really not her responsibility to get you a car. Do yourself a favor and do it yourself.If you do, you will see what I mean.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Then, she's not REALLY a SIGNIFICANT other, or friend, now is she?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I agree with Kat. Why would you think it's her responsibility to get you car or help you get one? You should WANT to do these things on your own, not only for yourself but for you kids. Start saving up money now...

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 7:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I personally don't think any one's SO owes them anything. You don't really have that kind of commitment to each other if you guys did you would be combining accounts, what's mine is yours and so on. She is not to that point and if you really want ti to get to that bring it up and ask if maybe she can help you get a car. I thin you should do it on your own though.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It is not your SO's responsibility to supply you with a car. If you want a car, then save up your $ and buy one. Do what most of us do - go to the car dealership and see what financing the offer, or go to a bank and try for a car loan.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I can see why some posters feel you should get your own car. But, 2 years together is long enough to have some responsibility for each other. And if she has more than enough and you are struggling, I would think she wouldn't mind helping you out with this on some level...Is it the same with the rest of the relationship? Does she help you out with anything else? Is it just the car issue?
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2009