not sure what my body is experiencing?

i had innercourse about a week ago. i am actually on birth control, but on sunday i was unable to take my pill. i caught up the next day, but in between that time i had cramps and actually started to spot but it was a brownish colored substance. i have been on track with my pills since then, but continue to spot and when i wipe there is a brownish snott-like discharge. i just wanted to see if this is just normal for missing one day of my pill, although this is the third month i have been taking them. has anyone experienced this when they were pregnant?

sweetpea1313

Asked by sweetpea1313 at 7:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would spot a little if i missed a pill. if it is something you are worried about though i would call the doctor and ask them
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It can depend on what pill u r taking, but that happened to me too on seasonique. I also had sharp pains too. My dr took me off that and put me on a different pill. Just call ur ob/gyn and ask about maybe trying a new pill.. they can easily take 3 mos for ur system to adjust though from what i read. Good Luck! The price we pay for birth control.. ugh
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 8:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have I had spotting with my first and I'm now pregnant with number 2 and I had a tinted discharge for a couple weeks took my first pregnancy test and it was negative two weeks later took another and it was positive. You might want to pick up a test @ the store,or talk to your doctor!
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 8:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2009