With each pregnancy.....

With each pregnancy is it true that your labors get shorter and shorter because with my first I was in labor with him for 2 days, with my second I was in labor for about 5-6 hours and then with my third I was in labor for like 2-3 hours.

DYMOND24

Asked by DYMOND24 at 7:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my first labor was like two hours. my second was eleven hours and my third was five hours. every labor is different
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have also heard this. i know my second was about half of my first, but it was still a very long time... but that could be due to the fact they were both 10 pounders and vaginal. but i'll still be hoping that when i do have a 3rd that it'll be MUCH shorter... and easier would be nice too... any old wives tales that say the pregnancy is shorter? that'd be nice! hahaha :)
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 8:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My first was 6 hours with 30 mins of pushing
    second was 3 hours with 15 mins of pushing...

maybe this time I'll give out baseball gloves as gifts to make sure someone catches the Muffin...lol
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 9:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Well, I've had 2 babies. My first took 11.5 hours and my second took 3 hours....both are including pushing time. That's not bad considering my second was 9lbs. and I'm only 5'2!! I'm hoping #3 will fly out!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 4, 2009