Will insulating attic a/10yr remodel improve costs

I heard on tv that it costs only couple hundred, then I got a flyer from roofer offering service. I thought great, since our ripoff energy company is charging me more than last year, while my heat is kept at 72 on average. My SO says no diff.

babygirl821

Asked by babygirl821 at 8:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The more insulated your house is the better, your heater won't have to run as much so you will save money.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If it's not a walk up attic and you don't use it for anything but storage, and there is no heat up there, insulating between the attic floor and the second floor ceiling would be better.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• We insulated our attic early last summer. WOW! It made a large difference for us. And yes, as Chrissy says, insulating the area under the roof of the attic is not as efficient as insulating the area between the floor of the attic and the ceiling of the rooms below.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• thanks all.
    babygirl821

Answer by babygirl821 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2009