Light brown spotting on and off for for 5 days.....?

From the dy after my period was due, I had reeeaaally light brown blood spotting for 5 days, and yesterday it stopped. It was only when I wiped though, not enough to even wear a liner.

This has NEVER happened to me before, and I still haven't got any signs that I'm going to start my period.

Can anyone tell me what this was?? Thanks! (Oh and I took a test yesterday and it was a negative....)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Sounds like old blood. If you don't start in a week I would go see your doctor.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I had this same thing... I totally thought it was implantation. Everyone kept on saying.. no its just old blood.... I never wanted to believe anyone because I wanted to ONLY accept that It was implantation bleeding. When ever we are stressed out or worrying about something, it really throws off our internal clock. Most likely it is just that, old blood. I am sure your AF will start soon. HOWEVER, if you do not see AF in a week, I would definitely consult your ob/gyn. Good luck!
    sbherm

Answer by sbherm at 9:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• im going thu the same thing i went to the dr cuz i wasnt sure what to think and they gave me a test and came back i wasnt but i was under alot of stress in Jan and depressed on what was going on so that had alot to play in it i wish you luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2009