is this weird or normal?

I am 16 wks 5 days pregnant with my 5th and during the first trimester i was so nauseous i could barely eat (which has never happened with any of my other pregnancies) so from that i lost 12 pounds- but i expected to at least start gaining now that the nausea is gone- and my appetite is up but my weight is staying steady- is it possible to have a healthy pregnancy without even gaining weight? like is it possible that i might be losing a little of my excess weight but at the same time the baby is gaining so everything stays balanced? (keep in mind that im not trying to diet, i just think that ive been eating healthier for the baby which is causing my body to drop pounds)

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 8:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had extra weight when I got pregnant, but never got morning sickness that caused me to throw up and lose weight. But I have been eating healthier and have only gained about 4 pounds (I am 31 weeks).
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It depends did you have some extra ponds before you got pregnant? If so I've heard that its fine to lose weight while pregnant as long as you are not under weight!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• That happened with my SIL. She did wind up having a small (under 6 lbs.) full-term baby, but he's perfectly healthy at 10 months. Just make sure you go to your prenatal visits and discuss it with your doctor.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• yeah i had extra weight before pregnancy and the nausea didnt make me throw up but it did make me avoid anything but apples and water for the whole first trimester lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2009