need help how do i stop my little girl from taking off her underwear and pooing all over place

my little girl is 2 years old and we are toilet training her with my son he is 4 any way they are going good at it expent my little girl takes off her underwear and poos all over her room and on my sons bed me and my hasband dont know what to do we try putting her on the toilet but she dont go we dont know what to do please anyone with any idears would be great thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2.6 yo does not exactly but a bit of the same thing. I'm not really trying to potty train her yet because I just got my older one potty trained (I'm kind of taking a break lol), but I've cleaned up 6 huge all-around-the-room poop messes in the last month or 2 and I think it may have something to do with the fact that she's not the baby any more since we had our 3rd in November. I don't mean to compare children to animals, but I know that cats pee or poop in random places when they're stressed by being moved or a new family member...big changes in their lives. I'm pretty sure kids (and adults in other ways) do the same kind of thing. I might get bashed for this, but sometimes I just duct tape my sweet angel's diaper shut. lol
    Anonymous

• Go to your pediatrician to be sure that there aren't any physical reasons for this to be going on. I'm sure there aren't, but just be sure. Please don't freak out, but often, children who have suffered some sort of trauma (not necessarily in your home or something you'd know about) will revert to this sort of behavior as a way to control their environment. Sadly, I know this all too well, as one of my kids was abused in a day care center at a very young age, unbenownst to me.

On the less-frightening note, she may just not be ready for training yet and is also using this as a control thing. This sounds more like what's going on here, since she also does it in your son's bed. I'd still have her checked out though...better safe than sorry. Best of luck to you!
    mymadisonfamily

Answer by mymadisonfamily at 9:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'd spank her butt and make her help clean it up.

I had a hard time getting my oldest to poop on the toilet. She'd poop in her pants, then tell me. Finally I told her to clean herself up, I wasn't going to do it anymore. Never pooped her pants again.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I agree with making her clean it up herself. The thing is at this age there is not much she can control and this is one thing she can. If you getting angry and frustrated with her because she is not going on the potty then she may continue with this behavior because of the reaction she is getting from you.

I personal don't believe in spanking so I would come up with another punishment. I would maybe make her clean it and then put her in a time out. I also believe in positive reinforcement so I might try something like this.

Get a jar and marbles. Every time she goes on the potty she get a marble. After she fills her jar, or get "X" amount of marbles she gets a special treat.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Sounds to me like she's not ready to be toilet trained but your son who is 4 (unless he has some issues) should have been potty trained a year ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I agree, make her help clean it up. If she resists, just keep insisting and never give in. I'm sure she's just doing this to test you, my daughter did the same thing.
    Anonymous