Sciatic nerve?

I am at 34 wks and 1d and have been having a twinging, pinching, shooting pain thru my right but cheek and into my leg a little, but only here and there not constant. Is this the sciatic nerve pain I have heard of and its it just the baby moving onto it at certain times?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 8:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES. it sounds like siatic. have someone give you frequent backrubs as low as it feels good - and do you have an exercise ball - a "birth" ball? if so - use it!! :) kneel on the floor, and lay your chest on it, so you are basically take the weight off the baby off your back. it will feel great and give your body a little break!!! take baths too - laying on your side is probalby best, so you aren't putting extra pressure on your spine - good luck! :)
    MommyDado

Answer by MommyDado at 8:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2009