Bath Rings

Does anyone have an idea on where or if they even sell the bath rings that they sit in the bath. I know they sell the ones that go over the top of the tub but we have sliding doors so im really not sure if that will work. They used to sell the ones that just go in the tub the blue ones but I cant seem to find them anywhere. Or even if the other one will work on the sliding doors bracket on the bottom let me know. I dnt want to buy it and have it not work. Thanks

BabyGirl5808

Asked by BabyGirl5808 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just received a new's letter..from the Gov. I'm in Canada, here they don't recommend using those at all..I guess they are very dangerous. THAT could be why your having trouble finding one. I just put the baby tub in the big tub...my son's 8 months old, but until he's more stable on his bum I won't sit him in the tub..all it takes is one mouth full of water, and they can drown.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i dont think they sell the rings anymore i looked everywhere when my daughter was younger and had no luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Sorry, I should be more clear..I get updated info ever since having my son, the flyer that came showed all diff baby products NOT to use..as well as what to do for brushing teeth etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I also looked everywhere for them because my son wasn't able to sit in a tub yet and he was too big for the sink...But I found this really neat thing at Target...It is an inflatable duck that you sit inside of the bathtub, and the baby sits inside of it (it kind of looks like a raft shaped like a duck) My son loved it, and I even recommended it to a friend who had a daughter and wanted a bath ring, and she loved her ducky too!

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think they stopped selling them because too many people would leave the babies unattended. Maybe you could try bathing baby in the kitchen sink? Incentive to keep it clean! ;)
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I know they do sell the bath ring that connects to the side of the tub but have not seen the others. We actually have that duck raft thing and she likes it but i find it hard to bath her becuz of the doors. I will have to try the kitchen sink or just contue on what i was doing before using the infant bath thing.
    BabyGirl5808

Answer by BabyGirl5808 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• A few years ago it was in the news about them being dangerous and for parents not to use them any more. They may have stopped making them now. It was obvious people were leaving their kids in them, the kid would slip and drown....stupid, yes. However, even with parents sitting there, I heard kids would slip and were not easily gotten out of the ring...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2009