What size clothing was your baby in at 5 months and 9 months?

My son just turned 5 months this week and is just about to grow out of 9 month clothes. So I'm just wondering if your child was tall @ 5 months what size was he at @ 9 months?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 9 months and most of the clothes I put on him are 12 months! He's a big boy, he was born 10 lbs. I think they make the clothes all diff too..some 12 month clothes are WAY too big..then I go to Walmart and the sleeper's for a 9 month old are not big enough. So I go with 12 mo. I think it's all diff where ever you buy from.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My now 2 year old, has always been big for his age. Right now he is 35 1/2 inches tall and weighs 30 pounds. At 5 months old he was in his 9 month clothing and at 9 months he was in his 12/18 month clothing. He just turned two a couple of weeks ago and already I am pulling out the 3Ts. They're a little bit (long), but all of the 2T stuff is too short on him.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 9:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• yeah 5 months my son wore 9 months at 9 it was 12/18 now at almost 2 he wears 3 or 4 t yeah i got a tall one
    BebaGina

Answer by BebaGina at 9:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My DD was in preemies at 5 months and then was in 0-3 months at 9 months. She has a MASSIVE growth spurt because she is 13 months now and in 12-18 months. Don't worry, those sizes aren't for everyone. Just buy what fits him.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My son at 5 months was in 6-9 month and now at 6 months 6-12 month clothes.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• MY DD was in 0-3m at 5m and 3-6 at 9m she is 13m now and is in 6-9.
    She is very tall but her waist is very small. She just now hit 20lbs.
    He is fine with what he is wearing every baby grows different.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 9:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My son is like that too. He right now is 6month old and is wearing 9month outfits, and 12month socks...its crazy he was born 6lb 14oz and 19 3/4in long & now at 6months he is 19 1/2lbs and 27 1/4 in.
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 9:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• at 5 months my DD wore 3-6 months and at 9 months she wore 6-9 and some 12 months, depending on how it was made
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 9:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My first two wore double their age...so at 9 months they were easily in 18 months. My youngest was triple his age. So at 9 months he was easily in a 2T and fitting it well. (all pudge for him, though! lol)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My kids were all different - one child still wore 3-6 month clothing at 5 months, but my youngest was wearing 18 month clothing at both 5 & 9 months. If you're wondering about buying clothes now for summer, guesstimate big - if baby's growing out of 9 month now, don't get anything smaller than 18 month for 9 months. You'd rather have the clothes a little big than be just right and not fit at the end of the season. My son is 22 months but I'm buying 3T for his summer things, as he's currently in a 24 month (perfect fit currently) but is growing. It does make a difference what style/brand/fabric clothes are made out of too - knit clothes have some stretch, but are more likely to shrink. I may get some 4T for my 22 month old, I know his 2T summer clothes from last year will not fit this summer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2009