When will i ovulate

On january 19th I began spotting for 3 days then I had a full on AF for 7 days (with no mercy LOL) I have PCOS, therefore I cannot chart properly. I have no idea how long my typicle cycle would be and my last AF was about 8 months prior to that. I have never been preggo and have been ttc for 4 years. Any help would be great.. I think my Ovulation would be now based on previous websites...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you have PCOS, there's no way to know. Sorry. Talk with a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Have your doctors given you anything to help you ovulate? My friend had PCOS and took Clomid. You can chart just as long as you know you are ovulating,. I also believe in the book "Taking charge of Your Fertility " that they have a section on charting with PCOS.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 9:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i have the same thing my dr just put me on clomid i do wish you good luck and baby dust your way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You need to chart. With PCOS and your periods being that inconsistent, charting is the only way you are going to know when you ovulate. Don't even try OPK's because with PCOS, you almost always have LH in your urine, so you will get lots of false positives. You may want to go see your doctor. Metformin and Clomid really worked for me when I was TTC and with your periods being that irregular, you are going to need to some medical help. Best of luck!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have PCOS too. It is hard to know, because PCOS causes elevated LH levels in some women so the ovulation test klits dont work. Go see a good reproductive endocrinologist.
    Mrs.White103107

Answer by Mrs.White103107 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009