Up all night someone help.....

Ok I have a six month old son who WILL NOT sleep during the night. Yes he's teething, but he's been doing this before the tooth. He sleeps in the bed with me most nights. And he will sleep for about and hour then wake up complaining...so I grab him...sit up and he passes out. So I lay back down with him. And it repeats. He did this ALL NIGHT last night and we didn't get any sleep. I don't know why he does this but man i need to find out....any ideas ladies???

MomCakes

Asked by MomCakes at 9:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't let him take so many naps during the day and don't let him have an evening nap. He might not be tired at night. If he's in that much pain, try some tylenol and see if it helps him stay comfortable long enough to sleep a good few hours.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Get him out of your bed now before its too late!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My son was doing the same thing.. getting up 6-8 times in a night. I don't know what to do in your case, we don't bed share. We eneded up letting him cry it out. It only took one night to reduce the amount of times he wakes... now it 1-2 times.
    I think I would try not picking him up when he crys at night... try to soothe him by just patting (or whatever he likes other than holding) . It might be rough at first but he needs to learn to self soothe a bit more when he wakes at night.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I know i should get him out of my bed. It kinda started that way because when he was born he couldn't latch on to my breast to eat...and we never slept. so when he finally fell asleep i didnt want to move him and take the chance of waking him back up.

I've givin him baby tylenol before, he still does this at night.
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 9:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Maybe put him in his own crib?? My son was in his own room at 3 months and sleeping through the night at 3 1/2 months. Now at 5 months he sleeps 11-12 hours at night. If he wakes up, he soothes himself to sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• STOP letting him sleep with you unless you are prepared to having him sleeping with you for a few years. Start a nightly ritual bath, story, then tell him that it is time for him to go to bed in his bed in his room. Put him in his crib, turn off the light and leave. When you put him to bed and he screams then wait a few minutes then go back in pat him on the back and resure him then leave OR you could let him cry it out. The cry it out method works best but some mom's just can't stand to hear the baby cry. Keep in mind that a behavior will get worse before it gets better. In other words he will scream but in a few days he will get the idea.
    Baby101

Answer by Baby101 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I do have to agree My daughter has been in a Crib from day one, As for the waking instead of just giving him the tylenol try rubbing it on his gums ,and again I agree don't pick him up try just padding him. Good luck
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 10:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• thank you guys so much...i'm trying to get him in his crib wish me luck!
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 10:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2009