OCtuplete news

Okay most of us are divided on this family. I have just read that this single, unemployed mom, living with her family can afford a nanny to help raise her kids! Okay as more news comes out the madder I get. Now if this is true how does this affect your views of her? Especially the ones that are defending her? Just curious.

pagirl71

Asked by pagirl71 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I know I couldn't take care of that many kids with the help of my husband, mom, and a nanny or 3. I think she's crazy and selfish.

Dare I ask how she even paid for the procedures in the first place??
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I dont think we as a society should tell someone how many children to have. I saw the interview with this womans P.R. person. She said the lady has a good job, but has been in the hospital for weeks obviously on bedrest. She was taking great care of her 6 children with no government assistance. It is none of our business as long as she isnt using our tax money to take care of her children.
    Lovebama

Answer by Lovebama at 9:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I personally, am yet to hear anyone I know defend her. She is irresponsible and should have those children taken from her. If she claims she can't afford them- she doesn't deserve them. This was her "get rick quick" who else wants to ask oprah for 2 million dollars like that? She is yet to show her face- she planned this- you don't show your face- your more of a mystery.. ugh. Really- SOMEONE TAKE HER KIDS ALREADY AND GIVE THEM A GOOD SUPPORTING HOME.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If I supported her why would it change my view knowing that she can afford a nanny to assist her in the care of her children? If anything it strengthens the argument that she is not on P.A. She is an educated woman regardless of her decision in the way of child rearing and she plans on continuing her education. People have said that this issue is definitely their business b/c they believe that she either is, or will be, on P.A. so if she can afford a nanny I highly doubt that she will be receiving assistance. I think that at this point it proves that we should chose to or not to speculate b/c our tax dollars are of no value to her. JMHO.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:39 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Her parents had to file bankruptcy for these kids. Her dad is going back to Iraq to work for these kids. How is it fair for her parents to have to give up their money and lives for her stupidity. She is not the only one supporting these kids and that is wrong. Her mom originally told her she wasn't going to support these ones either- but look now shes filed bankruptcy for them. So no- If one can't afford children they should not have them.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• And did it say she has hired a nanny? OR she HAS a nanny- Just because she has a nanny doesn't mean she hired her. It could be a friend helping out..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think we shouldn't judge her. We can speculate, but it is possible that what we hear on the news isn't really the correct information or was taken out of context. It's too soon for us to have heard all the facts yet. I am interested in the story, but I don't feel one way or the other. I am concerned about the babies and the other children and I hope that they have good lives.

Answer by Bmat at 9:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• She never forced her parents to do anything. They are two adults who could have put a foot down long ago. We do not know what she can or cannot afford and removing the children from a home that they know and a mother who loves them is not the bet answer. To me, that would be selfish. We do not know her financial situation. We are spectators and she has a right to live her life the way that she chooses.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• This is how I feel, she is a single Mom, has no job, living in the basement in a 3 bedroom home of her parents who filed bankruptcy, so that's a total of 17 people in the home, no way to support these precious children. I think because of that it is abuse. To be a single Mom by circumstance is hard enough, to be a single Mom of 14 is pure delusional insanity, imo. If she were a single Mom with an awesome paying job that could more than support her and her children, it is different. Who is going to support these children, who will need intensive care once released from hospital....ONE nanny? No. And I think that she is using her children to get money and to me that is insanity and abusive.  I think that she has some severe mental health issues that are urgently in need of intervention!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The house they live in is 1500 square feet. 17 people living in 1500 square feet is actually illegal in her county.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2009