my 4 yr olds 5th bday

my son is turning 5 in a few weeks and being that its a milestone bday i wanted to let him invite 1 or 2 kids from his school to come to the party but what is the ettiquette of that? im used to inviting family and their kids so everyone stays but i dont know if the kids parents should stay or leave or wut- also i should mention my bday is 2 days before his so we usually combine the two and when the kids portion of the party is over and the children are winding down watching a movie thats when the beers and drinks break out and the adults have fun- but i dont know how these kids from schools parents would accept that- but i dont want to stop whats been a family tradition either- lol im so lost and need some advice- any suggestions? oh and if anyone can give me any tips on game ideas and food ideas for a space themed bday party- i could so use them! thanks!

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have the party without the beer and liquor. I would invite the parents to stay as well. If you want you can have a party for him at a Chuck E Cheese or an indoor inflatable playground.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My daughter is going to be 5, we're doing a bowling alley party. Do something out of the house with the kids and then have family over after.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i would leave it up too the parents if they want to stay or not as for the beer and all i would have the parents come get the kids before you bring it out some parents do not see if fit too be drinking around kids and could be a bit up set i know i would be if i knew that something like that was at what i thought was a kids party
    Anonymous