glucose test

I do my test in a little over two hours. Can i eat anything right now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Very plain oatmeal with nothing in it was all I could eat before my test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i was told not to eat anything
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 9:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I was told you are suppose to eat a regular meal for the 1 hour test. It wont help if your blood sugars are low to begin with from fasting lol. I ate before my test with my daughter, and even drank a SOBE and my test came back normal.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i was told not to eat anything from midnight the night before and then they give u the drink in the morning then they said that ur not supposed to eat or drink anything after it for one hour i hate that damn test!!! lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I couldn't eat three hours before my test, I was only able to drink little water. They also said not to chew gum or smoke before.
    amber1216

Answer by amber1216 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• what did your OB tell you, that's the question... because apparently it is all different. haha
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I just had mine 2 weeks ago and was told it used to be a fasting test, but now it is not. I ate cereal before that had less than 1g of sugar and was fine. However the person administering the test said I shouldn't have eaten anything 2-3 hours prior.
    L_Bass

Answer by L_Bass at 12:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I wasn't allowed to eat for the 3 hour one, but the one hour one it didn't matter. I had to take it at 12 weeks, the 3 hour one. So the first time I barfed. Second of time they did finger pricks, it came up borderline, did it a 3rd time, and still the same thing.
    KJDsMommy

Answer by KJDsMommy at 11:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2009