Anyone have any insurance recommendations?

I do not have insurance (my husbands plan isnt open for enrollment) and Im trying to find coverage that would cover maternity. Im not pregnant, but we do want to expand our family. A lot of companies have 2 yr waiting periods before pregnancy is even covered. Any ideas?

sylvia10907

Asked by sylvia10907 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You're better off waiting until your husband's plan has open enrollment....employer plans don't impose waiting periods for pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have 2 questions first: Did you just get married? Or did you just lose your insurance coverage? If either of those things has happened within the last 30 days or so, you may be able to get on your hubby's plan, even if it isn't open enrollment. Those two things would be reasons why they will put you on anyway. If not, then I agree with anon that you might want to wait until his plan does have open enrollment so you can avoid the waiting period. Even if you find another plan that doesn't require a waiting period, you may pay considerably more for maternity coverage.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Check out www.assuranthealth.com. I don't know what their waiting period is, it doesn't say.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 10:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Blue Cross Blue Shield if avail in your area.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009