sleep

My daughter sleeps alot...not complaining :) but about how many hours a night should a 9 month old sleep? about how many hours awake in the day? Thanks..

rOEY802

Asked by rOEY802 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-10 Credits)
  • My daughter Was always a good sleep from day one she always slept about 6 hours around 9 months she was sleeping 10 hours a night Easy, Her doctor said its because she is getting so tall she needs her sleep!
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 9:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my kids were 10-12 hour sleepers at night when that age. My son also took 3 naps a day at 9 months.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• A 9-month-old should be getting at least 14-15 hours of sleep total. My son would sleep about 12 hours at night and then take a 3-4 hour nap in the morning and another 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon. But any combination of night/day sleeping is fine as long as the total is 14-15 hours.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Mine sleeps 11 hours at night and takes 2 naps during the day for a total of 3-4 hours of sleep. However, every baby is different. If she is happy and not cranky when she is awake, she is doing great!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2009