Possibly a very dumb question, but I'm curious anyway

Do men get so tired from work that they don't crave sex anymore? (Cheating is not the case in this situation because no signs point to it.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Absolutely they do get tired. They are only human too...lol But I would be wondering more about intimacy issues if I were not getting what I thought I should be getting. I know my man would never cheat so that would be my first thought.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 9:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes, but I do not believe that they do not crave in anymore. If your man does physical work, hell yeah they are tried when they come home from a hard days work.
    Have you tried to start the intimacy first...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• oh totally. I wouldnt say they dont CRAVE sex. but my fiance has a really stressful job..so when he comes home he IS tired and drained...he might be too tired to do anything (or he says) but if i start he cant help but finish :)
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 9:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• OP here:  wrong word choice I guess...it just seems like he doesn't crave it cause he just can go to sleep..but yea I've initiated it, it seems like I'm the only one doing the initiating these days and I'm the pregnant one lol!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• that can happen. lol it goes back and forth. sometimes your the one doing it and others its him. I don't know about you, but when i was pregnant i wanted sex ALL THE TIME. maybe thats it? your sex drive is way high right now and his is kinda the same? i dunno :)
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 10:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes. My BF sometimes work from 6am-2 or 3pm....so you better believe he's tired! I give him time to rest and before you know it he's back!
    Krissy21

Answer by Krissy21 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think that fatigue definitely affects sex drive. My DH is an electrician, he works in the construction trade and sometimes when they are finishing up a big project that has to be done on a deadline he'll be working 12 or more hours a day and come home too exhausted to do much besides eat dinner and fall into bed. It definitely affects his sex drive our sex life dwindles. If there is something temporary going on where he is working more and is more tired, just be patient and do things to help him feel better physically like rub his back etc so he is feeling better and sexier. If he's going to be working this much and this tired on a regular basis, just talk to him about how you feel and what would help him feel in the mood more often.

riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• YES! Contrary to popular myths, guys do get so stressed/tired they don't feel like having sex. Its normal.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009