If a company is asking for bailout money should conditions be imposed in order to get the money?

I think if they are requesting tax payers money then the government has every eight to impose certain conditions. Don't like the terms don't take the money. what do you think? and why? (not about being for or against the stimulus plan.or the last bail out) Please do your best to stick to this question and have a fun, healthy discussion.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 9:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You can't exclude the last bail out because it set a precedent. Even if they tie everyone's hands behind their backs and make them fill out every expense in triplicate, it doesn't change the blank checks already written. They need to quit handing out the money in the first place and instead try to get back what they already donated for redecorating and trips to Vegas.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yeah, "Do not buy a jet!" LMAO.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Beggers Can't Be Choosers. Of course they should have stipulations!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• NotPanicking I didn't say exclude the last bail out. I said that this question was not about agreeing or disagreeing with the bail out but rather I wanted people's opinion on wether or not conditions should be imposed to get money.   I would love to get people's opinion on this.

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think there should of been no bailout to begin with.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• tnmomofive fine but since there is a bail out DO YOU think conditions should be imposed to get the money?
    god...can someone answer the question
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• thanks to those who actually stuck to and answer the question. I asked because I saw this and think its a terrific idea.

WASHINGTON – Call it the maximum wage. President Barack Obama wants to impose a $500,000 pay cap on executives whose firms receive government financial rescue funds, a dramatic intervention into corporate governance in the midst of financial crisis.

The new restrictions, described by an administration official familiar with the new rules, are to be announced Wednesday morning at the White House. The steps set the stage for the administration's unveiling next week of a new framework for spending the money that remains in the $700 billion financial rescue fund.

"If the taxpayers are helping you, then you've got certain responsibilities to not be living high on the hog," President Barack Obama said Tuesday.

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Of course ny.I just hope in the furture companies are allowed to either succeed or fail.Those that have it will pick themselves back up and those that do not won't and other's will come along and make things happen.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The Government's job is to protect the nation and preserve the Constitution. IT IS NOT responsible for BAILING ANYONE OUT. Let them fail and let's build a nation of respect again. All this bailout chit is a huge expensive bandaid to keep corrupt business men IN BUSINESS. LET THEM FAIL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Get rid of the unions too.but noooo the big agenda is to EXPAND.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2009