movement 2 questions

well i am haveing a baby boy 1m 18 weeks n 3 days so excited!!!!!
my question is i am feeling him move now so exciting but he does have his days where i don't really feel alot or very little movement is that normal ??
now he is not moving to where i see his little foot or hand on my belly but i know i am feeling him around what week did everybody start seeing body parts ??

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 10:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never seen any body parts with my daughter it just depends on your fluid levels, You may never see body parts, but if your worried about movements drink some juice then lay on your left side you'll feel him start moving !!!
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 10:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I never "saw body parts," as you put it. I felt kicks and occasionally saw lumps on my tummy, but that's it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• the lumps on your tummy anon would be body parts. lol i used to get the old elbow or foot in the side all the time and had to rub that spot til she moved
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• He is getting big, his room is smaller now, the movements will slow down because of the tight space. Be happy, mama he is doing just fine... If you do get nervous and just need to feel him move to ease your mind...drink something cold and sweet, wait about twenty minutes and he should move for you....ex. sweet ice tea, orange juice, caffine free soda, etc. I used to do this trick all the time, I worry too much too, its part of being a mom...
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my son would stick his but out and I would have a big lump sticking out of my big belly lol but he didn't start doing that until I was almost 30 weeks.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I never saw body parts.. but if your tummy is moving then that's either his hand or foot or head or butt rubbing on your uterus. It's really awesome to feel them move, and yes they have their times where they aren't as active, like to sleep more, etc.. if it worries you eat something like orange juice.. the natural sugars will wake him up and make him move around more. I used to do that with my DD when I was preg. I've had 2 miscarriages so I'd get nervous when she'd sleep for more than a couple hours.. drink some juice and wake that baby up!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I am 22 wks tomorrow, and she has been moving for a while now. There are some days where I don't feel her as much, then there are some days where she doesn't stop at all. Monday she moved like crazy, yesterday I think she had to get caught up on her sleep, cuz I didn't feel her really move til late in the day. Today so far she has only moved a little. Try not to worry about it. I know easier said than done.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It's normal that early to have days where you don't feel much, if any, movement. As you get farther along, it'll happen more often and more intensely. I never saw identifiable body parts with my son, but there were times when you could tell where he was by the lopsidedness of my stomach. I think that started around the beginning of the third trimester.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• thankyou everybody and body parts was the wrong word lol
    wiggsbabe

Answer by wiggsbabe at 12:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2009