Do you or did you get down on the floor to play with your infant?

Or just set up a play area for them while you watched from above?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 10:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• of course! just picture a situation where you are sitting in a chair talking to someone who is standing. it's a lot easier to bond and communicate when at the same level IMO
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Of course. It was fun to roll around on the floor with them and play. Also there are some exercises that can be done with the Mom on the floor lifting and playing with the baby, this way they both benefit.

Answer by Bmat at 10:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• oh definitley get down there and play with them.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Both.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I put a blanket down on the floor and spread out a bunch of toys. My 6 month old is still a little wobbly sitting up on his own so I usually sit behind him in case a cat walks by and he tries to go after it. LOL. Then he'll usually want to get on his belly and scoot around.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I loved playing with my daughter on the floor when she was tiny. Now, she's 20 months, and I spend most of the day on the floor playing with her and her toys and reading books to her. It's fun to see her learn to do different things with toys!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 10:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i get down in the floor ! even my dad gets in the floor to play with my DD and he has arthritis
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 10:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I like to get down and play with her but I always give her, some of her own time so she is independent !!
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 10:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• totally. I lay a blanket down with all Rileys toys and get down and play with him. sometimes ill sit on the couch reading while he plays...gives a lil time-out moment for mommy :)
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 10:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Oh yes! Get down on the floor & interact w/ him/her as much as you can. VERY imprtant.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2009